I walked past a laundrette the other night and saw a bronze statue man doing his washing. His head and hair and hat were all entirely bronze. He looked like he'd had a long day of statuing.
On the same night an angry looking man walked past me with headphones on, muttering to himself. All I caught were a few words - '.....depressed......suicidal.....'
I have observed that in food joints, at least in diners, burger bars and others of that ilk, they bring you whatever is ready first, first. This can result in a sort of reverse effect. In brgr which is next door but one to our building, I recieved my vanilla shake - dessert, by all accounts - almost as soon as I ordered it. This was followed by a five-minute wait, at the end of which arrived my fries, followed by the actual brgr itself.
Same with my trusty diner pancake breakfasts(/late night snacks...elevenses...etc...) Order pancakes with fruit and syrup and an orange juice, and you will recieve it in a direct reversal of the order in which you spake it. Apart from the juice - that will still arrive inexplicably last.
On Friday I was walking home from jazz and suddenly there was a shriek in my ear and someone ruffled my shoulders from behind. Looked round and the cast of Hair was running past me on their way to make an entrance through the auditorium having exited the theatre via the stage door, and one of them had decided to do a bit of random passer-by participation.
There is a hilarious guy in Times Square who stands on the pavement holding a cardboard sign saying 'I need a beer'. He makes odd noises and now and then he pops another sign out from behind the first one that reads 'me too'.
Saturday, 27 March 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment