After a v. civilised midday break and a cheese and tomato sarnie (her) and a turkey salad wholemeal bagel (me) we struck off for the Natural History Museum. I know what you're thinking - 'again??? Poor kid she must be bored'. WRONG - the Museum is huauge and an awful lot for a little person to take in all in one sitting. Awful lot for me to take in to be honest - you'd need a whole day to do it properly and we only have a couple of hours before Iris maxes out and it's home for rest and tea. But that's fine by me, means I get to take it in small bites too and I won't use it all up in one go if you see what I mean, cos I do really like it there. Though I wish I could find the life size model of Theodore Roosevelt looking a lot like Robin Williams from 'Night at the Museum'. What we did find were DINOSAURS - or, in Irisian, Disonaurs. Another great example of Irisian dialect is 'Arrrroplane', like an aeroplane for pirates. Here are some of them. (Disonaurs not Arroplanes)

That is a real fossil of a T-Rex skull - it said on the info. That is actually pretty fuckin amazing.
This is a Dyuthinkesaurus.No really I think it's an Allosaurus...or possibly a G'byesaurus
Must stop doing hideous puns with dinosaur names
There are not dinosaurs. They are elephants who fancied a trip to the Museum, and I took a photo cos I thought even in New York that was fairly unusual.
There was a terrible fire and the elephants didn't make it.Ok so really this is a replica of a mammoth skeleton and was frickin massive.
A very educational day for everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment