
See that's handy cos my hippo can never find shoes to fit in the UK.
Had one of those incessantly shit days today where everything goes wrong from the word go and just keeps on hitting you when you're down so after the first 20 blows you kinda go 'Ok. keep it coming. Tomorrow, this day will never have happened.' Hence this is a placebo post. It will do nothing, it will not move my story along, but it is pretending to be a real post. To give it a better shot at doing so I'll whack on a few pics and random thoughts.
This is the building known as the Flat Iron. It has been eluding me since we arrived. We live v. close to - pretty much in - the area known as the Flatiron district, so everywhere I go I see signs alluding to its presence. But I have only just seen the actual thing. Tis actually very striking. Shame about the sky around it - as you can see, New York obviously realised that I'd had a bad day and was feeling a bit homesick because of it, so it decided to make me feel at home by giving us best of British weather. A gesture of somewhat misplaced kindness cos now it's all grey and damp.
Something that made me laugh internally quite a lot (yesterday, not today - today I have only laughed in a bitter, ironic way) was outside a building on my way to see Red. There were a load of yellow cones placed so as to outline a small rectangle of pavement right outside the building's doorway. The cones were warning passers by to watch their step, with a bold 'CAUTION: WET FLOOR'. Now I know public places have to cover their backs for everything and they have to be all health and safety conscious and insurance and lalala all that stuff...but that seemed a tad patronising. Nice that they care so much that the 5 steps it will take people to pass their building are the safest 5 steps they'll ever take, but also - it's raining, we are not idiots!
*Long pause while Tessa talks on the phone to TAIRE! YEEEEEEAAAAAAAH!xxxxxxxxxx*
K well...I think my initial impulse for writing anything at all is fast failing me. Plus I've run out of fresh pictures...who wants to see the bunnies again?
Ok. Well I'm thinking that this day has pretty much given an entire week's worth...maybe even a month's worth of shit, so that means I will have a long period of everything going right. And on that note I will go to bed because surely, SURELY not much can go wrong there. Peace
This is the building known as the Flat Iron. It has been eluding me since we arrived. We live v. close to - pretty much in - the area known as the Flatiron district, so everywhere I go I see signs alluding to its presence. But I have only just seen the actual thing. Tis actually very striking. Shame about the sky around it - as you can see, New York obviously realised that I'd had a bad day and was feeling a bit homesick because of it, so it decided to make me feel at home by giving us best of British weather. A gesture of somewhat misplaced kindness cos now it's all grey and damp.Something that made me laugh internally quite a lot (yesterday, not today - today I have only laughed in a bitter, ironic way) was outside a building on my way to see Red. There were a load of yellow cones placed so as to outline a small rectangle of pavement right outside the building's doorway. The cones were warning passers by to watch their step, with a bold 'CAUTION: WET FLOOR'. Now I know public places have to cover their backs for everything and they have to be all health and safety conscious and insurance and lalala all that stuff...but that seemed a tad patronising. Nice that they care so much that the 5 steps it will take people to pass their building are the safest 5 steps they'll ever take, but also - it's raining, we are not idiots!
*Long pause while Tessa talks on the phone to TAIRE! YEEEEEEAAAAAAAH!xxxxxxxxxx*
K well...I think my initial impulse for writing anything at all is fast failing me. Plus I've run out of fresh pictures...who wants to see the bunnies again?

Ok. Well I'm thinking that this day has pretty much given an entire week's worth...maybe even a month's worth of shit, so that means I will have a long period of everything going right. And on that note I will go to bed because surely, SURELY not much can go wrong there. Peace

No comments:
Post a Comment