It is Monday. Monday is my first day of full-on Iris care.
On the schedule that Lynne worked out, Monday is playground in the morning and City Treehouse in the afternoon for ballet and tap.
This means I need to find size Zero tap shoes in a size Huge city. See what I did there? I like to think I have a Carrie Bradshaw-esque flair for words.
So Lynne went off for her first day at work (mostly meet-and-greets and stuff) and we went off to 53rd and Broadway where rumour has it there is a dance shop. There is but they only stock Sansha and Sansha has stopped making shoes below a kids 12 - ehhh??? Really? Why?! So we forgot about the shoes for the moment and headed for Central Park in search of a p
layground that was open and not covered by snow. It has all gone on the streets but the parks are still as white as...well. Y'know. But there were none to be found, there is a big row of playgrounds all through the 70s and 80s but all were deserted. What to do? Make a snowman, of course. Now this is quite a feat when the snow is 4 days old and is in that weird crunchy solidifying state that make it hard to manipulate. Also when nobody is wearing the appropriate footwear. But, as you can see, we did it! *Collective aaaahhhhhhh at the cuteness*So after a pineapple and coconut muffin which was yummy and I will be finding some more!, it was home for lunch and nap. Hahaha sorry what am I saying? There was no nap! That would make things way too simple! After lunch we went to City Treehouse aka the most fab kid's playgroup ever, it is actually designed like a little forest with trees and leaves and stuff and its all bright and lovely...designed to make you happy. Iris went to her dance class and had a lovely time and we came home for resties and tea.
This was the night of my absolutely epic walk across the city. Basically I was around Colmbus Circle...for some reason, I don't even know why anymore...and wasn't paying attention so suddenly looked up to find myself way over in the East Side and like...73rd st. Since we live on 26th and my metrocard had run out and I didn't think I could afford a cab that far I was faced with a pretty daunting walk. So off I went, feeling pretty upbeat with my headphones in and knowing my way. Imagine my consternation when I look up again and I am higher up the streets than I was before I started walking and even further East. I'm pretty sure that every time I start walking one way, all the streets and avenues behind me rearrange themselves and stand still when I turn around. Same with Central Park - every time I go in, I come out like...back on myself....if I go in at 72nd and Columbus (which is west) and walk east, I come out at 110th and Amsterdam, which is further west. It makes no sense!
So I walked and walked and walked and walked and stopped, all of a sudden, when I spotted a Chinese takeaway. And I got mixed dumplings and prawn fried rice. Ooohhhh man.......Chinese here is goooooood! Not that I don't still love it at home. We'll see...it all depends on the sweet and sour chicken balls, as everyone knows. So when I finally made it home via Bloomingdales and Park Avenue, both interesting sights, I tucked in to yumminess accompanied by the SATC girls (yeah I brought the movie with me. Yeah I watched it in bed on my laptop while eating Chinese. Yeah you're jealous, or if you're not then...whatever, we obviously don't agree on a lot of awesome things! Or possibly, you're my mum and disapprove of this brazen slovenliness in which case you have a point but I had just walked 40 blocks (got a cab for the last 15)).
It were a grand day out.
I t was round about here that I stopped paying attention - but that's the Juilliard school in there y'know.



No comments:
Post a Comment