Nothing out of the ordinary happened on Friday, I don't think. We went to Art Farm, we sang songs, we travelled lots, we met Lynne at lunchtime. Oh yeah something vair cool did happen - we met her just as she was en route to the theatre where La Cage is going to be. So we tagged along. They were there to discuss various aspects of the staging with various techies, and had a lively debate over the flooring which had been designed to look fantastic but had tons of big gaps - not ideal for dancing on in stilettos and rollerskates. I was sitting in the audience front row with Iris, observing. Got to see the whole theatre stripped to its bones - no wings, nothing. Was weeeird - got so used to stages that are cut in half sizewise by big curtains at the sides. It's funny to see all the different types of people who make a show - you've got the go-getting creatives, the deliciously camp dancers and then these gruff, down-to-earth techies who look like they're from another planet compared to the bonkers Cagelles I saw yesterday. But they're all working towards the same cause. Lovely. (No pictures - strictly verboten.)
Then in the evening I did a great Broadway jazz class involving a hardcore warmup (the warm up alone was basically a Saturday limbering class, press ups and everything) and a combination to a song I don't know but it was all Fosse with some Charleston and lots of hips. Taught by a super cool guy whos name I can't remember cos he wasn't the regular teacher he was a cover...but he was wicked. So that worked me out a LOT and I walked homeward pleasantly tired...but not before stopping off for late-night chocolate chip pancakes with syrup and bacon. Is there anything in this World better than chocolate chip pancakes? I'm really not too sure.
And the other thing I did on Friday night was this.


Didn't have the guts to go pink all over.
TTFNXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
DO IT - ALL OVER - NO BUTS
ReplyDeleteAhhhhh knew you'd say that! err...didn't have enough dye....yeah
ReplyDelete