
Welcome. This is my account of my adventure in New York. It's pretty much for me, but also any of my lovely pals who are interested, otherwise I have to do that thing where you repeat the same thing to many people so the last person to hear it gets a really bodged account cos I'm bored of telling it.
So, as this is my first entry but the very start of my 4th full day here, you have to pretend that I wrote this on the 25th 0f Feb, the day I have been waiting for possibly my whole life without knowing it. Also I am cheating cos I wrote this already in a journal so all I'm doing is copying.
RIGHT.
Feb 25th, 7.46am
Am now on the train to London, armed with a massive case and slightly (but not much) less massive hand luggage.
Holy Crap it's really happening. Am definitely going to get a cab to Dollis Hill to meet Lynne, if I try and get on the tube with my giant case I'll cause a national incident. Ever get the feeling that today is the first day of the rest of your life? Bah!
***
On the plaaaaaaane!
On the plaaaaaaane!
Watching 500 Days of Summer (yes Taire! It is still sad!) Moved from my original seat in the middle of a block of 4 to an aisle seat next to Iris and Lynne. My original seat companion was rad though, he got some headphones for me cos I was asleep. For me, a lowly budget holidayer who is used to whatever is cheapest (hello Easyjet) this plane is huauge.
Note to self: Don't forget to get my phone from the pocket in front of my old seat. Also my Galaxy bar.
Time for some motivational in-head singing - *Here I go again on my owwwwn, DUMMMDUMMM goin' down the only road I've ever known, DUMMMDUMMMM*
God Bless VIRGIN ATLANTIC - not only do they have a massive selection of movies and TV inc. Family Guy and The Inbetweeners!, on the music playlist they have
Note to self: Don't forget to get my phone from the pocket in front of my old seat. Also my Galaxy bar.
Time for some motivational in-head singing - *Here I go again on my owwwwn, DUMMMDUMMM goin' down the only road I've ever known, DUMMMDUMMMM*
God Bless VIRGIN ATLANTIC - not only do they have a massive selection of movies and TV inc. Family Guy and The Inbetweeners!, on the music playlist they have
Florence and the Machine - Lungs
The Cure - Three Imaginary Boys
Muse - The Resistance
The Killers - Day and Age
Morrissey - Years of Refusal
Nirvana - Nevermind
Elbow - Seldom Seen Kid
Guns n Roses - Greatest Hits ( hell yes)
Biffy Clyro - Only Revolutions
Oasis - Dig Out Your Soul (hmm)
+ Portishead, Prodigy, Rolling Stones and Them Crooked Vultures - so I did get to hear them after all having missed out at home!+ many more
Let's hear it for New Yoooooooooooork SING IT WITH ME! ahem.
So we landed (and skidded - the snow here is worse than we knew. Skidding in a plane = eep!)
and poor Lynne got held up at customs cos they were faffing around, and we were driven to our apartment b
y lovely Stephen in a massive shiny chunky thing on wheels.
And now.....and it really hurts me to admit this...........I am about to eat..........oh gosh I can't even write it............the M word (those of you who know me know I do NOT eat this brand of fast food) ALRIGHT I ATE IT AND I LIKED IT! But only cos I was on a looooong flight with an overtired little person and it was 1am our time and Lynne had just braved the snow to get it ok! It was soooo good. If anybody makes fun of me I'll come home and kick some ass.
Anyway the apartment is incredible, it's big it's cosy it's got nice wooden floor (tap practice anyone?) 3 bedrooms, telly shower washer dryer and of course, what every great flat needs, a saddle.
The Cure - Three Imaginary Boys
Muse - The Resistance
The Killers - Day and Age
Morrissey - Years of Refusal
Nirvana - Nevermind
Elbow - Seldom Seen Kid
Guns n Roses - Greatest Hits ( hell yes)
Biffy Clyro - Only Revolutions
Oasis - Dig Out Your Soul (hmm)
+ Portishead, Prodigy, Rolling Stones and Them Crooked Vultures - so I did get to hear them after all having missed out at home!+ many more
Let's hear it for New Yoooooooooooork SING IT WITH ME! ahem.
So we landed (and skidded - the snow here is worse than we knew. Skidding in a plane = eep!)
and poor Lynne got held up at customs cos they were faffing around, and we were driven to our apartment b
y lovely Stephen in a massive shiny chunky thing on wheels.And now.....and it really hurts me to admit this...........I am about to eat..........oh gosh I can't even write it............the M word (those of you who know me know I do NOT eat this brand of fast food) ALRIGHT I ATE IT AND I LIKED IT! But only cos I was on a looooong flight with an overtired little person and it was 1am our time and Lynne had just braved the snow to get it ok! It was soooo good. If anybody makes fun of me I'll come home and kick some ass.
Anyway the apartment is incredible, it's big it's cosy it's got nice wooden floor (tap practice anyone?) 3 bedrooms, telly shower washer dryer and of course, what every great flat needs, a saddle.


Must....not....make ... M....crack....
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteDon't you dare it hurts my pride to think about it!
ReplyDelete